Create a new EDQ State Setting
This is a new custom object (so you are able to add and remove these objects) that has been added to facilitate the integration of the Salesforce State picklists. It has its own tab accessible via the App Launcher Icon. The tab shows all the State settings configured when viewed with the All list view.
The State Setting object is a very simple object with:
- 3 required fields:
- Two letter ISO Country Code field – Must be the 2 letter ISO code for the country.
- Salesforce State Code field - Must match the State Code of the state on the Salesforce State Details page
- Value field – Must match the Integration Value of the state on the Salesforce State Details page for the associated country.
- 2 optional field:
- Salesforce Country Code field – This only needs to be filled if the country code in Salesforce State and Country/Territory Picklists has been modified to use the three letter ISO code. In this case enter the three letter ISO code here.
- API Aliases field - Used when there is a mismatch between the state value returned by the address API and the Integration Value held by the Salesforce State picklist.
To create a new EDQ State Setting object:
- Go to the App Launcher.
- In the search box type EDQ State Settings and select it.
- click New in the top right.
- Enter the mandatory fields: Two letter ISO Country Code, Salesforce State Code and Value.
- (Optional) Enter API Aliases.
- Click Save.
If a State Setting entry is created where the Value field does not correspond to an existing state entry in the Salesforce States picklist for the associated country, then when a user saves an address for that state the save operation fails. An error message will be displayed.
Renaming a State label
If you wish to change the label for the State in the picklist and for this to appear in the EDQ components you need to perform 2 steps in the following order:
- First update the State Name field on the State Details page under Salesforce State and Country/Territory Picklists.
- Then find the equivalent EDQ State Setting, click Edit and click Save without making any changes. This synchronizes the EDQ State Setting with the Salesforce State and Country/Territory Picklists value.