You can create two types of audit reports using Data Studio:
- sessions - who accessed the system and when.
- events - what actions were taken and when.
Audit reports can be useful for compliance and troubleshooting.
Audit sessions report
The sessions report contains a record of every time a user accesses the system in the selected time period:
- Session StartDate (and time)
- Session EndDate (and time)
Audit events report
This report records all the actions (events) that either the system or user took in the selected time period. Each event includes the following detail:
- EventDate (and time)
- Message (contains full details of the event, i.e. what was changed)
For example, an event can be: a Workflow created, modified, executed or published; a JDBC query approved; a new user added or deleted; metadata exported and so on.
Download audit reports
To download the report as a .csv file:
- Click on the user icon in the top menu and choose Download audit report.
- Select the Report type.
- Choose all or a specific Environment.
- Enter the number of days you'd like to see the historic data for.
Audit report API
Audit data can also be accessed using the Data Studio API. In this case, an API key needs to be created with the Audit operations permissions. .