- Disposable number improvements: The database has expanded by 5 times, with an increased number of websites captured and a more extensive pull from existing sources. Improved automation to reduce the time taken for a new disposable number to appear in the response.
- Supplementary live status: The new request parameter allows customers to enable Live Status checking for mobiles and landlines in countries previously unsupported. At launch, this includes USA mobiles and UK landlines.
- a new field has been added, disposable_number. The API will now identify mobile numbers that are known to be from a disposable network or have been found on websites or applications advertising disposable numbers.
Experian Phone Validation v2 now:
- Supports country ISO code as part of request parameter for pre-validation
- Support on enhanced portability information which returns the portability date of a phone number
Experian Phone Validation v2 has the following key characteristics:
- It supports multiple data formats - JSON, XML, MessagePack.
- Improved uptime and failover with multiple cloud hosted locations in different geographic areas.
- Better consistency with our other products, such as Experian Email Validation.
- Improved processing times per request.
- Caching functionality, to further improve the performance of recently processed phone numbers.
- Local number formatting.
- Phone number type indicator.
- Improved portability information.
- It's easier to implement, with improved documentation.