The Dataset Manager shows the datasets that are currently available.
The Dataset Manager pane is split into two parts:
- The Currently Installed Base Datasets list shows each installed dataset, its identifier, data release and expiry dates, and its location.
- The Current Data Mappings list shows the datasets and additional datasets that have been mapped.
Click Licences to open the Licence Manager dialog, which displays a list of all currently installed license keys. From this dialog you can add, delete and view license keys. See the Configuration Editor Help program for more information about the Licence Manager.
Activating a group of multiple additional datasets
You can create and activate groups of multiple additional datasets, called data mappings, using the Configuration Editor's Dataset Manager. Creating a mapping allows you to simultaneously search the data in every additional dataset in the group.
To activate multiple datasets, follow these steps:
- In the Data Mappings pane, click Add to open the Mapping Editor.
- In the Select Primary Dataset for this Mapping list, you can see all the datasets you have installed and activated. For example, you could have the United Kingdom, Ireland and Gazetteer datasets available. Click on the relevant line, such as GBR, to display all available additional datasets in the Select Additional Data for this Mapping list.
- To create a group of additional datasets, tick the boxes next to the additional datasets you want to include in the group. For example we could create a group consisting of Names, Gas and Electricity additional datasets.
- In the Data Mapping ID box, assign the group of additional datasets a clearly identifiable three letter code. The code can consist of a mixture of letters and numbers. It is used to identify the group.
- In the Data Mapping Name box, assign the group a clearly identifiable name.
- Click OK. The group will appear in the Layout Manager list.
- To search using this data mapping in Pro API, select the name you gave to your data mapping as the dataset.