Data Studio allows you to audit (record and report) user and system activities.
Enabling and tuning
Auditing can produce lengthy logs, not all of which may be essential to your requirements, so to help tailor and target your auditing, you can enable auditing based on specific events.
You can view and change audit options in Configuration > Security > Audit types.
Once an audit is enabled, every time the event occurs, an entry is created in the audit log, detailing the cause, user information and when it happened.
- Create a workflow: tracks when a workflow is created.
- Data exported: tracks when data is exported, either via a workflow step or any other method.
- Data viewed: tracks all attempts to view data in a drilldown.
- Delete workflow: tracks when a workflow is deleted.
- Edit workflow design: tracks when a workflow's design is changed.
- Edit workflow details: tracks when a workflow's name or description is changed.
- Execute Workflow: tracks when a workflow is executed.
- Repository change: tracks when a repository object is created, edited or deleted. This includes tracking changes to users, datastores, entities, glossary objects and more.
- Script execution: tracks when a script is executed.
- User access: tracks user login, logout and login failure events.
- Workflow shared: tracks when a workflow is shared or unshared.
Reporting and monitoring
The events generated by active audits are visible in Monitoring > Audits.
The resulting view shows all the events generated by Data Studio with the most recent events at the top. The view can be sorted, filtered, or exported to a .csv file. This view will also update itself periodically and display any events that have happened in the meantime.