Having created all the new fields you require in the previous section you now need to add them to your entity forms.
To add fields to a form:
- Go to Customize the System.
- Expand Entities in the left panel.
- Expand the entity you want to add the fields to (e.g. Account) and click Forms under the chosen entity.
- Click the form you want to add the fields to (e.g. Account Quick Create). This will open a new window.
- Drag and drop the field from the Field Explorer on the right-hand side into the location you want on the form. To make things easier use the filter at the top to show only Custom Fields.
- Select the field you have just dragged into the form and click Change Properties in the top menu bar.
- Check the Visible by default box in the Display tab (if not already checked) and click OK.
- Repeat steps 5-7 for all the fields required.
- Click Save and then Publish to commit your form changes.
- Close the form window and then repeat the steps on this page for other forms as required.
Field configuration complete
With all your new fields created and added to your forms you're now ready to move on to the next section where you will map the fields.